This is a method that uses the normal changes that occur in your body to determine your fertile period. Hence, it could be used as a method for avoiding or planning a pregnancy.
- Basal body temperature
- Changes in the cervix and the cervical secretions.
- Calculating your menstrual cycle
Please refer to our section on ‘Fertile period’ for further information.
- If teaches you to be aware of your normal fertility period.
- It is cheap
- It does not use any medication. Hence, does not have any side effects.
- It is perhaps more acceptable to certain religion or faith.
- You have to keep daily records of the physiological changes that occur in your body
- It may take you several months to learn how to recognize the fertility indicator.
- Condition like illness, travel, stress and medication may affect your fertility indicators.
- It does not protect you against sexually transmitted disease.
- You and your partner have to be discipline as you have to avoid sex during certain times of the month
- You are fully breast feeding. Your baby does not take any other milk except breast milk.
- You are less than 6 months post delivery.
- You have no menses.
[easyazon-image align=”none” asin=”0557055296″ locale=”us” height=”110″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y5YyhSQML._SL110_.jpg” width=”82″] [easyazon-image align=”none” asin=”0867167602″ locale=”us” height=”110″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RP2V7Y6RL._SL110_.jpg” width=”71″]