- Mild lower abdominal cramping.
- Vaginal bleeding that should not be too heavy or prolonged.
- You periods may return within the next 3 – 6 weeks.
- Breast discomfort, engorgement or leaking milk. This should settle down soon.
When could I return to my normal activities?
How do I prevent an infection following a stilbirth especially if I had a D&C done?
- Avoid wearing a tampon, instead wear a sanitary pad
- Avoid sexual intercourse at least 2 weeks following your miscarriage.
- Do not douche
- Take showers instead of hot bath
How do I cope emotionally after my stillbirth?
- Talk and letting out your emotions with those you are close to may help you
- Take time to heal and grief
- Join a support group which be even online to learn how other women and couples deal with their loss
- Discuss with your partner, seek support and accept that he may deal or react to the stillbirth differently.
- Read up a book on how others have cope and gone through the same things that you are now.