|| What is happening to my body?
You probably are currently having your menses. Some women may find that their menses is irregular or heavy. If you are trying to conceive, you may want to visit your doctor and find out the reason why your menses is irregular as it may affect your chances of getting pregnant.
What should I plan this week?
- Time your ovulation period to maximize your chances of getting pregnant by having sexual intercourse during your fertile period.
- Plan to see your doctor for preconception visit
- Choose an ovulation kit
Tips of the week
Tips to increase your chances of falling pregnant:
- Prepare your body and mind for pregnancy. Both you and your partner need to be healthy. If you partner smokes, encourage him to stop smoking to improve the quality of his sperm
- Cut down on caffeine, smoking and other drugs
- Try practice positive affirmations to prepare yourself mentally, for example, ‘I am strong and healthy and my body is prepared to welcome my baby’
- Have regular sexual intercourse 2- 3 times / week
- Know your fertile period and have sexual intercourse during that time
- If you feel dry during sexual intercourse you could try a sperm friendly lubricant
- You could use an ovulation kit to help you detect your ovulation
You could read further on the following topics: