What is happening to my Baby?
- Confirming your pregnancy by doing a urine pregnancy test (UPT).
Home pregnancy test measures the level of a pregnancy hormone called hCG (Human chorionic gonadotrophin) in your urine. Occasionally, the UPT could be negative if the pregnancy is still very early. You could ask your doctor to do a blood test to check the hCG level which could detect even low levels of pregnancy hormone to confirm the pregnancy.
- See your doctor to confirm the pregnancy.
Your doctor my do either a urine pregnancy test or perform an ultrasound. At five weeks, you could probably see a gestational sac only.
- Start taking folic acid
- Start taking prenatal vitamin supplements.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol
- Stop or reduce caffeine intake
- Eat a healthy balance diet